Warm up this winter with our beef stew with Ginger Pale Ale recipe
With winter approaching, we have created a recipe for a warming beef stew, packed with ginger and made with its Ginger Pale Ale, the perfect winter warmer dish!
Time: 30 minutes preparation + 180 minutes cooking
Ingredients: (4 people)
- 2 pound beef, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 100 grams butter
- 3 large onions (chopped)
- 1 spoon tomato paste
- 250 ml Ginger Pale Ale
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 anchovy fillets (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (pressed or chopped)
- 50 grams of root ginger (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons fine mustard
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- Salt the beef.
- Heat 50 grams of butter in a pan and lightly fry half of the beef chunks. Remove from the pan. Add the rest of the butter and fry the other half of the beef. Remove from the heat.
- Add the onions and fry for a few minutes and add the tomato paste.
- Add 100 ml of the Ginger Pale Ale and add bay leaf and anchovy. Put the beef back in the pan and add salt and pepper if required.
- Mix everything together in the pan and leave the beef for at least 3 hours on a low heat with the lid on. Add more Ginger Pale Ale if required.
- 5 minutes before serving: add garlic, parsley, mustard, ginger and Cognac and let if come to the boil. Add some more Ginger Pale Ale.
- Season as required.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables