Asparagus soup with Withens Pale Ale
Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 400g asparagus
- 2l water
- 250ml cream
- 300ml of Little Valley Brewery’s Withens Pale Ale
- 4 egg yolks
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Add the asparagus and water to a pan and bring to the boil. Let it simmer slowly for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the asparagus in the hot water for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the hot water and boil the water until 80% is left over. Add the Withens Pale Ale to the water and remove the heat.
- Whip the cream until semi firm.
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl and mix until creamy. Add the hot water and beer mixture bit by bit and keep stirring. Once mixed, add back to the pan and heat very slowly. Keep stirring until the soup starts to bind, then remove from the heat.
- Add curry powder, asparagus and the cream and mix well.
- Add some salt and pepper if required and serve the dish immediately.
Serve with a glass of the remaining Withens Pale Ale.
For more information about Little Valley Brewery visit www.littlevalleybrewery or follow Little Valley on Twitter at @littlevalleyale